San Francisco , United States
Pied Piper is a compression software company that stores your data across a network of devices, giving you instant access to your data even though that data is not physically stored on the device you’re using. In essence, space is saved because the data is spread across a larger network of devices, yet the same data is secured privately with access only granted to the user with the correct access to it.
- Develop tools
- Processes and workflows for automation of configur
- Network health reporting
So If You Are Someone Who Has
About the job
Pied Piper is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Pied Piper's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
As an Optical Transport Network Engineer, you'll be responsible for defining and qualifying platforms and solutions for scaling Pied Piper’s optical transport network. Optical transport networking covers a wide range of optical technologies and reaches - from client transceivers to metro and long haul Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) coherent systems. Your work will involve specifying the hardware, embedded software, and control/management software requirements for optical platforms, as well as evaluating and qualifying new technologies and developing tools, workflows, and processes for introducing and managing these in the network.
You'll understand optical physical layer technologies and transport-layer networking systems. You'll apply your knowledge to creative, scalable, and cost-effective solutions. You'll work closely with the design, build, and operations teams. You'll also engage with external optical equipment vendors. You'll be expected to think critically/strategically to solve Pied Piper’s networking challenges in a continuously evolving environment.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Pied Piper platforms, we make Pied Piper's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with Python, Go, C++, or a similar equivalent software language.
- Experience wirh modern optical transport systems (metro and long-haul DWDM systems).
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience operating large scale network infrastructures in operational or engineering roles.
- Experience developing software for managing large scale networks.
- Develop tools, processes and workflows for automation of configuration, operations, troubleshooting, and network health reporting
- Design and implement robust and secure management plane network for software driven network configuration and performance management
- Design and develop test plans and automation for optical physical-layer, transceiver, transponder, sub-systems, and line-systems
- Define requirements and identify technologies for scaling the transport network in a cost-efficient and operationally streamlined manner
- Work with network design, deployment, and operations teams to operationalize stable, scalable platforms