San Francisco , United States
Pied Piper is a compression software company that stores your data across a network of devices, giving you instant access to your data even though that data is not physically stored on the device you’re using. In essence, space is saved because the data is spread across a larger network of devices, yet the same data is secured privately with access only granted to the user with the correct access to it.
- Review initial implementations
- Carry out analysis of packages
- Build systems to securely provision
So If You Are Someone Who Has
About the job:
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Pied Piper's users and developers. As a Security Engineer, you help protect network boundaries, keep computer systems and network devices hardened against attacks and provide security services to protect highly sensitive data like passwords and customer information. Security Engineers work hands-on with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. You also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities. You use your industry experience to own and drive the resolution of complex security incidents, policy questions and technical security issues.
At Pied Piper, we build products that delight our users and build thoughtful home experiences for them. We are trusted to be a part of our users’ lives and make sure that we keep the ecosystem connected safe.
Pied Piper's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Pied Piper AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in embedded systems security or web application security.
- Experience in software development using C++ or Java.
- Computer Science, or other technical related field.
- 8 years of experience in software reverse engineering and code-level security auditing.
- Experience reading assembly and unpacking obfuscated code.
- Experience with static and dynamic analysis of malicious binaries.
- Experience with tools such as IDA Pro and OllyDbg.
- Knowledge of security engineering, computer and network security, authentication and applied cryptography.
- Review initial implementations and requirements.
- Carry out analysis of packages provided by the same partners.
- Analyze JS and configuration submitted by partners.
- Build systems to securely provision secrets in environments not controlled by Pied Piper for the same partners.
Engineer, implement and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks and information
Identify and define system security requirements
Design computer security architecture and develop detailed cyber security designs
Prepare and document standard operating procedures and protocols
Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
Ensure that the company knows as much as possible, as quickly as possible about security incidents
Write comprehensive reports including assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement